Get to Know Ms. Bauder

Corey Corbin, Author

I recently had the opportunity to sit down and get to know one of New Castle’s newest English teachers, Ms. Bauder. At a young age, Ms. Bauder knew she wanted to be a teacher. Let’s get to know Ms. Bauder! 

Q: What made you decide to become a teacher?

A: I had very good teaching influences when I was in high school. I had a teacher named Mr. Sassenberg and he was the best. He helped me love English, reading, and writing. He did cool activities in class. I knew I wanted to be an English teacher because of his influence. He made me love the subject and I was always engaged. I loved the books he had us read too! I also had a cool professor in college who helped me enjoy English and helped me understand how to teach it to younger adults. His name was Dr. Martin. He was great too!

Q: Why did you decide to teach at NCASD?

A: I like how tight the town is and how close everyone is. It is very helpful and supportive here, I needed a change from my last job.

Q: What did you major in?

A: I majored in English and Minored in Secondary Education (Teaching 7-12). I also have a master’s in Education.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: I love hanging out with my friends and family. I enjoy finding new places to eat with my boyfriend. I love to travel and explore new places. I coach soccer at Mohawk High School, so that takes up a lot of my time. I enjoy playing soccer and staying active when I can. I also love shopping and getting coffee at cute coffee shops!

Q: What do you enjoy most about teaching?

A: I love helping the kids learn and like English. Many kids do not like English, but I try to make my class fun and engaging, I try to show them my passion for the subject. Then they usually end up liking English a little more by the end of the year, or they at least learn A LOT!

Q: Where did you go to school?

A: I went to high school in Las Vegas, Nevada.  I went to college and played Division 1 soccer in Texas at Stephen F. Austin State University. Axe Em jacks!

Q: What was your first job?

A: My first job was as a hostess at a restaurant. Then I went to college and started as a teacher!

Q: What is your teaching philosophy?

A: Every student can learn. I spend a lot of my time learning different avenues and helping students navigate them down the correct paths.

-A special thanks to Ms. Bauder for taking time for this interview.