New Castle Band: Senior Highlight

New Castle Band: Senior Highlight

Dominic Cade, Senior Editor

The New Castle Senior High Band has just capped off its year with its annual spring concert Tuesday night. The concert featured various bands ranging from sixth grade, conducted by Mrs. Dando, the jazz band, and the Senior High Band which consists of students between 9th and 12th grade. Both the jazz and concert bands were composed by Mr. Yoho and Mr. Onufrak. Songs included solos by seniors Brayden Kissman and Dominic Cade on the trumpet, Maddox Conley on the saxophone, and Rocco Litrenta who not only is a member of the percussion but sang along with the jazz band to the song, “The Sunny Side of the Street”.

As the year comes to a close, it is the seniors that deserve their recognition as this was the last time playing on the High School auditorium stage. There were 7 seniors this year with new additions being added to the band recently this season. The seniors include:

Rocco Litrenta [Percussion]: A four-year member of the concert band and jazz band, as well as a five-year member of the marching band. He will be attending Youngstown University to major in business.

Brayden Kissman [Trumpet]: A four-year member of the concert band and jazz band, as well as a five-year member of the marching band. He is currently undecided at the moment.

Ava Pierce [Flute]: A four-year member of the concert band as well as a five-year member of the marching band.  Ava will be attending Mercyhurst University to pursue a degree in forensic chemistry.

Anna Ruffley [Flute]: A four-year member of the concert band and a five-year member of the marching band. She will be attending Slippery Rock University to pursue a degree in mathematics with a minor in computing.

Maddox Conley [Saxaphone]: A four-year member of the concert band and jazz band, as well as a five-year member of the marching band. He will be attending the WCPAJATC trade school to be an electrician’s apprentice to eventually move on to be a fully licensed electrician.

Gavin Petrone [Percussion]: A four-year member of the concert band and jazz band, as well as a five-year member of the marching band. He will be attending Point Park University to pursue a degree in digital journalism.

Dominic Cade [Trumpet]: A four-year member of the concert band and jazz band, as well as a five-year member of the marching band. He will be attending Youngstown State University to pursue a degree in business.

Way to go Hurricane Band! We appreciate the wonderful sounds and songs heard all year long!