NFL Draft Day 2023: Who To Look Out For

Dominic Cade, Senior Editor

The 2023 NFL Draft will take place at 8:00 tonight with young prospects eagerly waiting to hear their name called and walk across the draft day stage. The draft will start out with the Carolina Panthers at the number one pick, which has endless options to choose from.

Prospects range from possible number-one picks Bryce Young, a former Heisman quarterback out of Alabama, or his teammate on the other side of the ball, Will Anderson Jr (EDGE). Other stars at the quarterback position include Anthony Richardson, a sophomore out of Florida whose athleticism and speed astonished draft analysts, as well as C.J. Stroud who is being compared to Seattle Seahawks quarterback Geno Smith.

With a major trade between the New York Jets and Green Bay Packers involving multiple-time MVP Arron Rodgers, the Packers move up in the draft rankings with a predicted pick of Broderick Jones; a sophomore offensive tackle from Georgia who will be protecting the Packer’s new QB, Jordan Love.

Some sleepers within the draft come from all sorts of positions.

At the wide receiver spot, Jordan Addison out of USC and formerly of Pitt will look to take on his position at the next level with his explosiveness and great catching ability.

Joey Porter Jr., son of former Pittsburgh Steeler Joey Porter, is a cornerback out of Penn State whose competitiveness is like no other.

With possibly the strongest arm in the draft and showing flashes of Josh Allen during his time at Wyoming, Kentucky QB Will Levis may be a late prospect to watch out for.

The final sleeper and possibly the biggest steal of the draft is RB Bijan Robinson from Texas. The dynamic and athletic RB is a Day 1 starter who resembles New York Giants RB Saquan Barkley. His presence in the backfield will be a game-changer for whichever team takes the risk of taking a running back on day 1.