Class of 2019: Your Thoughts?

Class of 2019: Your Thoughts?

Victoria Kobbe and Stephanie Toy, Featured Editors

As the 2017-2018 school year comes to a close, the class of 2019 anxiously awaits their final year in New Castle High School. As two future senior editors, Victoria and Stephanie give their advice on being a junior and share their thoughts on becoming seniors.”’

Advice for being a junior:

Stephanie- “Junior year is a pivotal point in your high school career. Many people thrive while some people struggle.  I think my advice would be that there’s a lot of soul searching to be done. you need to figure out what you want to do, and prepare yourself for your future, while still maintaining a balance of living in the moment.”

Victoria- “There’s a lot of work.”

Thoughts on being a senior editor:

Stephanie- “I think it is a lot of responsibility because headquarters is always watching, and there is a lot of deadlines. However, Mr. Abe has cultivated us to be prepared for such challenges. He has instilled a sense of drive and determination in us to make the Eye of the Hurricane newspaper as interesting and well put together as it can be.”

Victoria- “I’m excited to work with Mr. Abe for another year.”

Thoughts on starting senior year:

Stephanie- “It’s a double-edged sword for me. On side of me is elated to be closing up this chapter in my life and to moving onto greater responsibility. Your whole school career leads you up to your senior year. It is crazy to think that after next year, I will never set foot in this place again. I feel like I will leave a part of myself in the halls, every memory, every smile, every laugh that has ever taken place in this school will be left behind me as I turn a new page in my life. I am so grateful for all of my teachers and peers who have made my school career amazing thus far. I am anxious but excited to see what senior year will bring.”

Victoria- “I’m excited to graduate.”

For some people, graduation is right around the corner. As juniors, we have a whole year to reflect on our school career and anticipate when our day will come.