Eye of the Hurricane Experiences Exciting Changes with SNO Platform

Maria Cade, Senior Editor

The Eye of the Hurricane is pleased to announce that we are taking on a new design. We have partnered up with the SNO Platform to bring you the latest news at New Castle High School. Two years ago the Eye of the Hurricane moved from a print centered publication to a digital platform. This was an extremely challenging and rewarding transition. In order to achieve this goal, the Eye of the Hurricane worked in conjunction with Yourstudentnews.com. To further our advancement into the digital journalism world, the Eye of the Hurricane is now partnering with the SNO Platform. This partnership brings the latest journalism technology to New Castle High School. SNO is one of the leading journalism platforms available for high school and college students.

Digital writing means more reporting for our journalists as well as more first hand news for our readers.  Throughout the 2017-2018 school year, journalists will be learning the essentials of news reporting, ethics, and interviewing while writing various styles of newspaper stories. The journalists will also be exposed to basic editing, layout, publishing, and design skills. Here at Eye of the Hurricane, we are very excited for the upcoming year, and we will be sure to bring you New Castle High School’s news first hand.