Interview with Junior Editor: Abeth aka (Alexis Bethle)

Isabella Budai, Feature Editor

I recently had the pleasure to interview one of my very good friends, Alexis Bethle. I decided to ask her some questions as to why she took journalism and what interested her to take the digital-journalism class.

Q: Why did you choose to take Journalism?

A: “I love writing any chance I get. It is a way to relax and write out anything I want and make it something other people can read.”

Q: Was there anyone in particular who inspired you to take Journalism?

A: “Mr. Abe was a huge inspiration for me and led me to take journalism in 10th grade and I could not be more happy about that. Abe never fails to inspire someone new every day.”

Q: What do you enjoy most about taking this class?

A: “I enjoy being in this atmosphere every day. It leads to a positive mindset that helps with good writing. This class never fails to make my day when I walk in.”

Q: What is your favorite topic to write about?

A: “I love writing about artists and their celebrities whenever I have a chance. To talk about their accomplishments gives me goals that I am determined to accomplish one day.”

Q: What have you previously written about on Eye of the Hurricane?

A: “I have written three in-depth interviews along with an article about stress and Billie Eilish.”

Q: What type of writer are you?

A: “I am an editor on The Eye of the Hurricane News.”

Q: If you could give advice to the underclassman about taking this class, what would you tell them?

A: “I would tell them to give it a try. You never know how much you will like something unless you try it first. Journalism is  a great asset to my high school career that I will appreciate for years and years on end.”

Throughout this interview, I have learned more about my very good friend Abeth. If you know her you know she is the sweetest, funniest, kindest person you have ever met. Abeth always makes everyone’s day, so I hope this article made yours.