The Challenge Program

Andrew Greco, Senior Editor-Public Relations

Students at New Castle High School were recently introduced to The Challenge.Program, Inc. during a kick-off assembly at their school. The assembly theme was Future Influencers: #WhyNotMe. This fun assembly featuring a powerful video outlining how the Program works, reveals to students the positive outcomes to the important choices they make every day for career-readiness and success both in and beyond the classroom and how to earn cash incentives.  During the assembly, students in the sophomore, junior, and senior classes were introduced to local career opportunities. Throughout the year, they will be eligible to compete for financial awards in five areas linked with academic and workplace success: Attendance, Academic Improvement, Academic Excellence, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and Community Service. The business partner for New Castle High School during the 2019-2020 school year is Quality Life Services New Castle.

At the end of the assembly, five juniors and five seniors from New Castle High School received awards for the work they accomplished last year during the 2018-2019 school year in the five above-mentioned categories, sponsored by Quality Life Services New Castle.