Dealing with Stress

Hailey Gonzales, Special Contributor

Have you ever been sitting at your desk and the teacher asked to turn something in or test time and your heart started racing? Have you ever not understood something but didn’t ask because of embarrassment? School is a stressful place at times, but just like almost every other problem, there is a solution.

Stress is a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances. An Example? School. We are told that getting A’s is a standard. If we fall below, we gain more and more stress and question many things. Will I get into a good college? Will I get a good job? Will my parents be upset? The list goes on.  Sometimes you just feel like giving up. But don’t worry I got three steps to help relieve your stress.

Step 1: STUDY!

I know, I know. Everyone says this. But they never explain. You shouldn’t just study your work, you should study ways you learn best. Whether it’s notecards, videos, taking notes, lectures, etc. Only you can control how much you learn and how much you try to learn. Your future is in your hands.

Step 2: FIND YOUR SOLUTION

For some people, the best way to relieve stress is things such as stress balls, fidget toys, plushies, etc. When I was a child, whenever I was stressed out or upset, I would hold a plushie. Society tells us plushies are for children. But that is exactly why people like me and you struggle with stress. So if your at school and just wanna hold a plushie, hold a plushie. If you want to squeeze a stress ball, squeeze a stress ball. Never let society tell you what you need. They don’t know how you feel or think. So, find your solution and don’t be scared to follow through with it.

Step 3: BELIEVE!

A huge reason people struggle with stress in school is their lack to believe in themselves. Students tend to second guess themselves or think they did something wrong even if they didn’t. I believe everyone should have high confidence in themselves and their work. If you think the answer is 17, then be confident it is. Your only hurting yourself by not believing. So, start believing and you will achieve.

I’ll leave you with a quote:

Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place.”