Getting to Know Mr. Brigham

Tyler Savage, Author

This fall, Technology Teacher, Mr. Brigham sat down with students to discuss his move to New Castle Junior/Senior High. Mr. Brigham previously worked at George Washington Intermediate but returned to his alma mater New Castle Jr/Sr High to teach Math and Technology. 

Mr. Brigham is where he is today thanks to hard work, perseverance, and support from his friends and family. When asked, what made him want to become a teacher, he responded, ¨I was hoping to make a difference in my community and to help kids. I wanted to show them the right way to do things, not the wrong way.¨ Mr. Brigham is adjusting nicely at New Castle Jr/Sr High School. He teaches both Sr. and Jr. High classes. When asked how his students will develop this year he responded, “They will become balanced between being a student and having a social life.” He also expressed his interest in becoming principal of the school in the future.

All teachers have different approaches to educating and influencing students. Mr. Brigham believes education and teaching are always evolving and changing. There isn’t just one way to teach a student. There are multiple avenues and paths, that is the beauty of teaching.  “You have to be flexible. Students today seem to come with a lot more uncertainty and lack of traditional values.” Mr. Brigham hopes to assist students to set goals and achieve them, as well as maximize their full potentials. 

On behalf of the Eye Of The Hurricane Staff, we would like to thank Mr. Brigham for his time and consideration in this interview. Have a great rest of the school year Mr. Brigham!