22-23 New Castle Varsity Cheer Team

Shelby Norris, Author

22-23 New Castle Varsity Cheer Team

Coaches- Erica Nerti and Joanna Cochran

Seniors- Giavanna Runyon, Jordan Bethune, Paige Haybarger 

Juniors- Addison Shields, Alexa Perrotta, Aly Cioffi, Emma Devivo, Giada Manifrang, Gianna Rossi, Mara Droeder, Noelle Reid, Raegan Hudson, 

Sophomores– Jayden Budai, Kathryn Rice, Mariana Mercer, Mckayla Miller, Telah Williams

Freshmen- Aaryn Chandler, Ameris Rogers, Gianna Kneram, Janesa Morrison, Kaitlyn Griffin, Keyarah Davis, Layla Ott, Morgan Frye, Rhiauna Brothers, Rylei Clark, Shelby Norris, Xhanee Thompson

I got to sit down with some of the girls on the squad! I asked them the 3 questions below! Check out their responses!

-What made you want to be a cheerleader?

-What do you like most about Cheerleading

-What is something you look forward to this season?

From Layla Ott, a freshman on the team: “I wanted to cheer because I’ve been cheering for a long time since I was 3. My mom and sister did it, so I wanted to do it. It seemed fun. I like tumbling, I like meeting different people, and I like showing off my skills. I look forward to having fun at the games, cheering under the Friday night lights, and winning.”

From Mariana Mercer, a sophomore on the team: “ What made me want to be a cheerleader is because I loved being loud and tumbling since I was a little girl! What I like most about cheer is definitely the bus rides for away games. I look forward to getting my lettermen and being closer with my team this season.

From Giada Manifrang, a Junior on the team: “ I was already on a club cheer team and always knew I wanted to do school cheer too and my coaches from my club cheer team inspired me because they were also the school coaches at the time. What I like most is the friendships I’ve made and just cheering with all my best friends for Friday night lights and basketball season is so fun. I look forward to cheering with all the newest girls and forming a strong bond and everything else about the season I look forward to!”

From Jordan Bethune, a senior on the team: “ I wanted to become a cheerleader because I heard it was fun, and in my defense, I was six. I like watching the games, and when we win, and team bonding. I’m looking forward to Senior Night and basketball season.”

Thanks to all the cheerleaders and their responses. Get out and see some games to cheer on our fabulous cheerleaders!