New Castle Golf Team: Retirements, Players, Fundraiser

Dominic Cade, Senior Writer

The 2022-2023 New Castle Golf Team just finished their last match on Tuesday, September 20, in a loss to Blackhawk. The Hurricane’s golf team finished 2-8 on the year, as they were led by Coach Beavon, who has just capped off his 25-year career as a coach for New Castle and will be retiring before next year. I and the rest of the team would personally like to thank Mr. Beavon for all he has done for us and all of the great times he has shared with our team!

The Senior members of the golf team include Josh Hoerner, and myself, Dominic Cade. The Junior members were Vincent Micco, Sean Carmicheal, and newcomer Ian Donnely. The other members of the squad were Sophomore Justin Girman, as well as freshman Phil Laurenza, Joe Micco, and phenom Jeff Natale.

The Golf Team will also be holding a “Dine To Donate” at Riardo’s Bar and Grille on Tuesday, October 11. The local restaurant, located at 1223 East Washington Street, right up the road from Taggart Stadium, serves a diverse menu ranging from Italian to your classic bar food. Riardo’s will graciously be donating 10% of the proceeds to the New Castle Golf Boosters. The time period for the “Dine to Donate” will be from 4 pm – 10 pm, and the team would like to invite everyone out to come support!