Mr. Bradley

Mr.+Bradley

Sophia Reider, Managing Editor/NC NEWS

Between annealing and quenching heated items, testing various chemical reactions, and exploring fundamental laws of motion, Mr. Bradley does it all. He is arguably one of the most intelligent teachers under the roof of our New Castle High School. He teaches material sciences, AP Physics, and various other courses to Junior and Senior High students.

According to many of his students, Mr. Bradley is a clear favorite above other teachers. “I struggled with understanding Chemistry,” said Alyssa Salem, a student in Material Science, “but Mr. Bradley breaks everything down for us in class. I definitely do understand now how important science actually is.”

Not only does Mr. Bradley explain the curriculum in a way where his students can both understand and relate to it, he creates experiments and activities to match his lessons. This allows his students to enjoy hands-on science while being able to see for themselves how complex science really is. “Destroying the concrete was my favorite,” said Matt Senchak, another Material Science student, “it allowed us to actually see that concrete is a heterogeneous mixture, or ‘mezcla’ in Spanish.”

Many students appreciate and understand the sciences taught by Mr. Bradley. It can be extremely difficult to reach into a student’s focus and actually bring them to think beyond themselves, but Mr. Bradley does just that by making his lessons both comprehensible and interesting to his students. The students just love him! Our staff at NC News asked many students to describe Mr. Bradley in one word, and here were some common responses:

“Brilliant!”

“Cool!”

“Interesting!”

“Unique!”

“Funny!”