The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NCAA Football Week 1

Week 1 of College Football is finally here and there are some changes for some of the big teams, Alabama’s quarterback Bryce Young has moved to the NFL as the quarterback for the Panthers. Running back Jahmyr Gibbs has moved on to the NFL. Ohio State’s quarterback CJ Stroud has moved to the NFL as the quarterback for the Texans. Many more players have moved to the NFL so this year is going to be an interesting year for a lot of teams.

Iowa beat Utah State 14-24. Iowa quarterback Cade McNamara threw for 191 passing yards and two passing touchdowns. Kaleb Johnson rushed for 63 yards and one touchdown. Utah State quarterback Cooper Legas threw for 213 yards and one passing touchdown. He had one interception. Rahsul Faison rushed for 59 yards.

Colorado with their new head coach, Deion Sanders, beat TCU 45-42. Colorado quarterback Shedeur Sanders threw for 510 yards and 4 touchdowns. Dylan Edwards caught 3 touchdown passes. Sy’veon Wilkerson rushed for 45 yards and one touchdown. TCU quarterback Chandler Morris threw for 279 yards and two touchdown passes but threw two costly interceptions. He rushed for one touchdown. Emani Bailey rushed for 164 yards.

UNC beat South Carolina 31-17. UNC quarterback Drake Maye threw for 269 yards and two passing touchdowns. He threw two interceptions and rushed for 25 yards. British Brooks rushed for 103 yards. South Carolina quarterback Spencer Rattler threw for 353 yards. Dakereon Joyner rushed for 23 yards and one touchdown.

Alabama beat Middle Tennessee 7-56. Middle Tennessee quarterback Nicholas Vattiato threw for 127 yards and one touchdown but threw one interception. Alabama quarterback Jalen Milroe threw for 194 yards and three passing touchdowns. He was the team-leading rusher with 48 yards and two touchdowns. This was the first time in Alabama history that a quarterback has thrown three passing touchdowns and rushed for two touchdowns.

Florida State beat LSU 24-45. LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels threw for 347 yards and one touchdown but threw one interception. He was the team’s lead rusher with 64 yards. Florida State quarterback Jordan Travis threw for 342 yards and 4 touchdowns. He threw one interception. He also rushed for one touchdown. Trey Benson rushed for 47 yards.

Here are all the other College football scores from Week 1

Florida 11 vs. Utah 24

Arkansas State vs. Oklahoma 73

Virginia 13 vs. Tennessee 49

East Carolina 3 vs. Michigan 30

Mercer 7 vs. Mississippi 73

Portland State 7 vs. Oregon 81

Buffalo 17 vs. Wisconsin 38

Rice 10 vs. Texas 37

TN State 3 vs. Notre Dame 56

Ohio State 23 vs. Indiana 3

Boise State 19 vs. Washington 56

TN Martin 7 vs. Georgia 48

Nevada 14 vs. USC 66

SEMO vs. Kansas State 45

New Mexico 10 vs. Texas A&M 52

West Virginia 15 vs. Penn State 38

South Alabama 17 vs. Tulane 37

Oregon State 42 vs. San Jose State 17

Clemson 7 vs. Duke 28

Tune in this week for more scores!