The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NFL Week 2 Highlights

Week 2 of the 2023 NFL Season was another week of very close games. The Vikings and Eagles played on Thursday Night Football. It was a very close game but the Eagles won 28-34. Kirk Cousins threw for 364 yards and 4 touchdowns. Alexander Mattison rushed for 28 yards. Jalen Hurts threw for 193 yards and one touchdown. He rushed for 35 yards and two touchdowns. D’Andre Swift rushed for 175 yards and one touchdown.

The Ravens traveled to Cincinnati to play the Bengals. Odds were in favor for the Bengals but the Ravens got a touchdown in the 4th quarter to give them a 27-17 lead. The Bengals scored a touchdown late in the 4th quarter to make it a 27-24 game but they never got the ball again and the Ravens would win 27-24. Joe Burrow aggravated his right calf after the touchdown. Lamar Jackson threw for 237 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed for 54 yards. This is arguably one of Jackson’s best games. Gus Edwards and Justice Hill rushed for a combined 103 yards with Edwards scoring one touchdown. Odell Beckham Jr. injured his ankle and is listed as questionable for the next game. Joe Burrow threw for 222 yards and two touchdowns. He threw one interception to Geno Stone. Joe Mixon rushed for 59 yards.

The Packers and Falcons had a very close game with the Packers leading 24-12 going into the 4th quarter. The Falcons were able to score 13 points to beat the Packers 24-25. Jordan Love threw for 151 yards and three touchdowns. He rushed for 23 yards. AJ Dillon rushed for 55 yards. Desmond Ridder threw for 237 yards and one touchdown and threw one interception. He rushed for 39 yards and one touchdown. Bijan Robinson rushed for 124 yards.

The 49ers beat the Rams 30-23. Brock Purdy is now 7-0 as the starting quarterback for the 49ers in the regular season. Purdy threw for 206 yards and rushed for one touchdown. Christian McCaffrey rushed for 116 yards and one touchdown. Matthew Stafford threw for 307 yards and one touchdown. He had two interceptions in the loss. He rushed for 17 yards. Kyren Williams rushed for 52 yards and one touchdown. 

The Browns traveled to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers. Early in the 2nd quarter Nick Chubb was rushing on a play when he got hurt when a player from the Steelers hit Chubb in the leg with his helmet causing Chubb’s body to turn one way when his leg would stay planted on the ground. He landed very awkwardly and it was a very gruesome injury. Chubb had a dislocated knee and tore three ligaments. He is going to have surgery and will be out for the season. The Steelers went on to win the game 22-26. Deshaun Watson threw for 235 yards and one touchdown. He threw one interception and rushed for 22 yards. Nick Chubb rushed for 64 yards before his injury. Jerome Ford rushed for 106 yards. Kenny Pickett threw for 222 yards and one touchdown. He threw one interception. Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren rushed for a combined 63 yards. 

Here are all the other scores from the NFL in Week 2:

Seahawks 37 vs. Lions 31

Colts 31 vs. Texans 20

Bears 17 vs. Buccaneers 27

Chiefs 17 vs. Jaguars 9

Raiders 10 vs. Bills 38

Chargers 24 vs. Titans 27

Giants 31 vs. Cardinals 28

Jets 10 vs. Cowboys 30

Commandeers 35 vs. Broncos 33

Dolphins 24 vs. Patriots 17

Saints 20 vs. Panthers 17

Let us know your favorite teams!