The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NFL Week 5 Highlights

NFL Week 5 had a few interesting rivalry games. One of the biggest rivalries in football is the Ravens and the Steelers. It is always an interesting game when these two teams play each other. The Steelers have a 34-25 record vs the Ravens. The Steelers won 10-17. The Ravens struggled in this game by dropping seven passes. The Ravens were up 10-3 going into the 4th quarter. The Steelers blocked a punt which caused a safety. The Steelers fumbled and the Ravens got the ball but Lamar Jackson threw a late interception which gave the Steelers a chance to go down the field and throw a touchdown to George Pickens. Lamar Jackson had over a minute left but fumbled the ball to give the Steelers the win. Lamar Jackson threw for 236 yards and rushed for 45 yards. Gus Edwards and Justice Hill rushed for a combined 80 yards with Hill scoring the Ravens only touchdown. Kenny Pickett threw for 224 yards and one touchdown. Jaylen Warren and Najee Harris rushed for a combined 77 yards. 

The Bengals and Cardinals played an interesting game. The Bengals haven’t had a good season after starting 1-3. The Cardinals don’t have their starting quarterback Kyler Murray because of his torn ACL but hope to get him back to playing sometime this season. It was a close game but the Bengals won 34-20. Joe Burrow threw for 317 yards and three touchdowns. He threw one interception. Joe Mixon rushed for 81 yards. Ja’Marr Chase recorded 15 catches for 192 yards and three touchdowns. Joshua Dobbs threw for 166 yards and two touchdowns but threw two costly interceptions. Rondale Moore and James Conner rushed for a combined 96 yards.

The Eagles keep their undefeated season going after beating the Rams 23-14. The Eagles are now 5-0. Jalen Hurts threw for 303 yards and one touchdown. He threw one interception and rushed for 72 yards and one touchdown. D’Andre Swift rushed for 70 yards. Matthew Staford threw for 222 yards and two touchdowns. Kyren Williams rushed for 53 yards.

The Chiefs lost their first game of the season but since then they have been 4-0 after defeating the Vikings 27-20. The Vikings continue their bad season and they are now 1-4. Patrick Mahomes threw for 281 yards and two touchdowns. Isiah Pacheco rushed for 55 yards and one touchdown. Kirk Cousins threw for 284 yards and two touchdowns. Alexander Mattison rushed for only 26 yards.

The 49ers are still undefeated after beating the Cowboys 10-42. The Cowboys started their season 2-0 but have been 1-2 since. Dak Prescott threw for 153 yards and one touchdown. He threw three interceptions. Tony Pollard rushed for only 29 yards. Brock Purdy threw for 252 yards and four touchdowns. Jordan Mason and Christian McCaffrey rushed for a combined 120 yards with one touchdown each.

Here are the rest of the scores from NFL Week 5: 

Bears 40 vs Commanders 20

Jaguars 25 vs Bills 20

Saints 34 vs Patriots 0

Titans 16 vs Colts 23

Panthers 24 vs Lions 42

Texans 19 vs Falcons 21

Giants 16 vs Dolphins 31

Jets 31 vs Broncos 21

Packers 13 vs Raiders 17