The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NFL Week 7 Highlights

NFL Week 7 Highlights

We are almost halfway through the 2023 NFL Season. I would like to list my top 5 teams right now heading into Week 8. Check them out! 

1. Cowboys (4-2)
  2. Ravens (5-2)
  3. Eagles (6-1)
  4. Chiefs (6-1)
  5. 49ers (5-2)

The 49ers have shown that they are the best team in the NFL right now and they have had two losses to the Browns and Vikings but I still think they are the best team.

The Browns battled the Colts on Sunday and it was a close game but early in the 4th quarter the Browns needed a touchdown and there were two questionable penalties on the Colts. The rule in the NFL is if a receiver is being held or pulled so he can not catch the ball then it is pass interference but it is only pass interference if the ball is ruled catchable. The pass interference call on the Colts was a bad call because the ball was not catchable. This call eventually got the Browns the touchdown on 4th down and gave them the win 39-38. Phillip Walker threw for 178 yards and one interception. Jerome Ford and Kareem Hunt combined for 105 rushing yards with Ford getting one touchdown and Hunt getting two. Gardner Minshew threw for 305 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed for 29 yards and two touchdowns. Jonathan Taylor and Zack Moss rushed for 132 yards and Taylor rushed for one touchdown. 

The Patriots played the Bills at home and it was a late touchdown for the Patriots that gave them the upset win 25-29. Josh Allen threw for 265 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed for 17 yards and rushed for one touchdown. James Cook rushed for 56 yards. Mac Jones threw for 272 yards and two touchdowns. Rhamondre Stevenson and Ezekiel Elliot rushed for 65 yards and Elliot rushed for one touchdown. 

The Steelers have been a surprisingly good team this year. Their record is 4-2 with their only losses being the 49ers and the Texans. They beat the Rams on Sunday 24-17. Kenny Pickett threw for 230 yards and rushed for one touchdown. Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren rushed for 85 yards with one touchdown each. Matthew Stafford threw for 231 yards and one touchdown. He rushed for 8 yards and threw one interception. Royce Freeman and Darrell Henderson rushed for 127 yards and Henderson rushed for one touchdown. 

The Dolphins and Eagles seemed to be two of the best teams for this season but the Eagles beat them 17-31. There were a lot of missed penalties by the Eagles. Jalen Hurts looks like he could contend for the MVP this year. He threw for 279 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed for 21 yards and one touchdown and threw one interception. D’Andre Swift rushed for 62 yards. Tua Tagovailoa threw for 216 yards and one touchdown. He threw one interception. Raheem Mostert rushed for 45 yards. 

The 49ers went to Minnesota to play the 49ers. Minnesota led the whole game due to the 49er’s struggles on offense. The Vikings won 17-22. Kirk Cousins played his best game of the season. He threw for 378 yards and two touchdowns. He threw one interception. Alexander Mattison and Cam Akers rushed for 70 yards. Brock Purdy threw for 272 yards and one touchdown. He threw two costly interceptions. He rushed for 19 yards. Christian McCaffrey rushed for 45 yards and one touchdown. 

These are the rest of the scores from the NFL for Week 7:

Jaguars 31 vs Saints 24

Falcons 16 vs Buccaneers 13

Raiders 12 vs Bears 30

Commanders 7 vs Giants 14

Lions 6 vs Ravens 38

Cardinals 10 vs Seahawks 20

Chargers 17 vs Chiefs 31

Packers 17 vs Broncos 19

Catch our scores next week! Happy Football Sunday Canes!