The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

New Castle Sports Alumni: Doing Big Things

The Red Hurricane Alumni have made great history during their years here at New Castle. They have been great role models and have given our students hope that anything is possible. Here is some information about them and how they have achieved their greatness.

Philip Henry Bridenbaugh was a mathematics teacher and coach for New Castle. He died in 1990. During his time as a New Castle football coach, he did not lose one football game for two years. He won 7 league titles before 1955 with a 265-65-25 record.

Bruce Clark was a former American professional football player who was a defensive end for 10 seasons in the Canadian Football League and National Football League during the 1980s. He played for the Penn State Nittany Lions.

Paul Cuba, was a football player, for the Philadelphia Eagles and played three seasons with the Eagles in the NFL. He played football at the University of Pittsburgh.

Nick DeCarbo was an American football player who was a guard in the NFLĀ  for one season in 1933. He played college football for Duquesne University and played professionally as a lineman in 11 games for the NFL’s Pittsburgh Pirates (who are now known as the Pittsburgh Steelers).

Malik Hooker is an American football safety for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. He played college football at The Ohio State and was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Mark Mangino, a football coach, at the University of Kansas, is a former American football coach. He served as the head football coach at the University of Kansas from 2002 to 2009. In 2007, Mangino received several national coach of the year honors after leading the Jayhawks to their only 12-win season in school history.

Rick Razzano, was a football player for the Cincinnati Bengals. He played five seasons with the Bengals in the NFL. He played college football at Virginia Tech. He was also a member of the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.

Geno Stone is a football player who currently plays for the Baltimore Ravens in the National Football League. He played college football at Iowa and was drafted by the Ravens in the seventh round of the 2020 NFL Draft. He is one of our very own from New Castle, PA.

David Young is a basketball player who graduated from Xavier University and North Carolina Central University. He was drafted by the Seattle SuperSonics in the 2004 NBA draft. He was signed to a contract but waived a month later before he played in any NBA games.

Thank you for reading about our Alumni who are doing big things. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” These athletes have sacrificed countless hours to become something great. We are happy to know these people as our very own here at New Castle.