The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Thanksgiving Gratitude

Thanksgiving+Gratitude

Thanksgiving is one of the most wonderful times of the year. It is the start of the holidays. It is a time to reunite with loved ones and enjoy delicious food. For some, it can also be a time filled with stress and anxiety: planning Thanksgiving dinner, dealing with complicated family relationships, and worrying about Christmas shopping. Regardless of whether you are filled with anticipation for the holidays, embrace the chance, offer gratitude consider and how you can expand this period of expressing gratitude to enhance your entire life throughout the year.

During the season of gratitude, it is a great opportunity to begin forming the habits that will guide you toward cultivating a great mindset. 

• Pay it forward. As a volunteer, you can extend your kindness by preparing an additional meal for your neighbor, offering a generous donation, or warmly inviting someone who lacks a place to go for dinner. During the holidays, giving back satisfies our most fundamental human needs.
  • Make an effort to be in the present moment. Giving our loved ones the gift of presence is often the greatest gift we can offer. Make use of the time surrounding Thanksgiving to reestablish connections with your loved ones and friends. Step away from your phones, embrace the present moment, and prepare for the enchantment that unfolds.
  • Instead of expecting things to happen a certain way, embrace a mindset of appreciation. It can be simple to allow family disputes or clashing personalities to obstruct a Thanksgiving filled with gratitude. However, once you release all expectations and actively seek to find what you genuinely appreciate about every individual you encounter, you will witness a profound transformation in your entire world.
  • Reminisce about memorable moments and discuss our future aspirations. The essence of holidays lies in the creation and sharing of memories. Let us reflect on the previous year, revisit cherished memories, and discover the silver linings in challenging times. By experiencing a deeper sense of Thanksgiving gratitude, you will not only foster a closer connection with your loved ones but also discover a newfound intimacy with them.

Thank you for reading Thanksgiving Gratitude.

“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” –Oprah Winfrey