The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NCAA Football Week 10

The 10th Week of the College Football season is finished. There are only 4 weeks left and it is looking interesting for the college playoffs. Only 4 teams can make it so every team is playing at their best right now.

Kansas State and Texas played a good game. Texas was up 27-14 going into the 4th quarter but Kansas State was able to come back and tie it to the into OT. Texas kicked a field goal to go up by three and Kansas State went for a 4th down to try to score the game-winning touchdown but missed. It was a questionable decision because they could have kicked the field goal to go into the 2nd overtime. Texas won 30-33. Will Howard threw for 327 yards and 4 touchdowns. He threw one interception. Treshaun Ward and DJ Giddens rushed for 52 total yards. Maalik Murphy threw for 248 yards and one touchdown. He threw two interceptions. Jonathon Brooks and CJ Baxter rushed for 202 total yards with one rushing touchdown each. 

Georgia has been the best team this season. They have won the last two National Championships. They had a close game with Missouri and won 21-30. Brady Cook threw for 212 yards and one touchdown. He rushed for 39 yards and threw two interceptions. Cody Schrader rushed for 112 yards and one touchdown. Carson Beck threw for 254 yards and two touchdowns. Daijun Edwards and Kendall Milton rushed for 121 total yards with Milton rushing for one touchdown. 

Liberty has been a really good team this year. They are undefeated and they are a very underrated team. They have an easy schedule to finish the season. They beat Louisiana Tech 30-56 on Saturday. Hank Bachmeier threw for 304 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed for 32 yards. Tyre Shelton and Keith Willis Jr rushed for 51 total yards with Willis rushing for two touchdowns. Kaidon Salter threw for 297 yards and four touchdowns. He rushed for 50 yards. Quinton Cooley rushed for 179 yards and two touchdowns.

Washington is having one of their best seasons ever. They are ranked 5th and they are still undefeated. They played USC and beat them 52-42. Michael Penix Jr threw for 256 yards and one touchdown. He rushed for one touchdown and threw one interception. Dillon Johnson rushed for 256 yards and four touchdowns. Caleb Williams threw for 312 yards and three touchdowns. He rushed for one touchdown. Austin Jones rushed for 127 yards.

LSU and Alabama played a really fun game to watch on Saturday night. It was close the whole game but Alabama sealed it with a touchdown in the 4th quarter to win 28-42. Jayden Daniels left the game with a concussion. He threw for 219 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed for 163 yards and one touchdown and threw one interception. Logan Diggs rushed for 24 yards. Jalen Milroe threw for 219 yards. He rushed for 155 yards and rushed for 4 touchdowns. Milroe broke the school record for rushing touchdowns in one game by a quarterback. Jase McClellan and Roydell Williams rushed for 119 yards with one rushing touchdown each. 

Here are the rest of the scores for Week 10:

Ohio State 35 vs Rutgers 16

Texas A&M 35 vs Ole Miss 38

Connecticut 3 vs Tennessee 59

Notre Dame 23 vs Clemson 31

Campbell 7 vs UNC 59

Arizona State 3 vs Utah 55

Virginia Tech 3 vs Louisville 34

James Madison 42 vs Georgia State 14

Tulane 13 vs East Carolina 10

Florida State 24 vs Pitt 7

Penn State 51 vs Maryland 15

Oklahoma 24 vs Oklahoma State 27

California 19 vs Oregon 63

Kansas 28 vs Iowa State 21

Purdue 13 vs Michigan 41

Oregon State 26 vs Colorado 19

UCLA 10 vs Arizona 27

Top 4 AP Poll

1. Florida State
  2. Ohio State
  3. Michigan
  4. Georgia 

Let us know your favorite college teams!