The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NFL Week 12 Highlights

Week 12 Recap:

Week 12 of the NFL was a long week. There were 3 games for Thanksgiving, a game on Black Friday, and the Sunday games. The Packers played the Lions for the first game on Thanksgiving. It was 23-6 at halftime with the Packers leading. The Lions tried to come back but the Packers completed the upset by winning 29-22. Jordan Love threw for 263 yards and three touchdowns. He rushed for 39 yards. AJ Dillon rushed for 43 yards. Jared Goff threw for 332 yards and two touchdowns. David Montgomery and Jahmyr Gibbs rushed for 125 total yards with Montgomery rushing for one touchdown. 

The Steelers played the Bengals this past Sunday. The Steelers fired Matt Canada last week after their offense had been struggling the whole season. This game was the first game over 400 yards this year for the Steelers after firing Canada. They beat the Bengals 16-10. Kenny Pickett threw for 278 yards. Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren rushed for 148 total yards with Harris rushing for one touchdown. Jake Browning threw for 227 yards and one touchdown. Joe Mixon rushed for only 16 yards. 

The Jaguars and Texans have been battling it out in the AFC South. They’re only two games apart from each other and this game didn’t disappoint. The Jaguars led the game and in the final minute of the game, the Texans had to kick a field goal to tie it. Matt Ammendola missed the 58 yard field goal and has now been cut from the team. The Jaguars won 24-21. Trevor Lawrence threw for 364 yards and one touchdown. He rushed for one touchdown and threw one interception. Travis Etienne rushed for 56 yards. CJ Stroud threw for 304 yards and two touchdowns. He was the lead rusher with 47 yards and rushed for one touchdown. Devin Singletary rushed for 18 yards. 

The Bills and Eagles played a thrilling game. Jalen Hurts is making himself an MVP candidate. He’s battling with Dak Prescott, Patrick Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson for MVP. The game went into overtime after Jake Elliot kicked a 59 yard field goal. The Bills kicked a field goal in overtime but Jalen Hurts rushed in for a touchdown to win the game 34-37. Josh Allen threw for 339 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed for 81 yards and two touchdowns. James Cook rushed for 43 yards. Jalen Hurts threw for 200 yards and three touchdowns. He rushed for 65 yards and two touchdowns. D’Andre Swift rushed for 80 yards. 

The Ravens and Chargers played on Sunday night. Lamar Jackson is playing the best he has since his 2019 MVP Season. He is currently 4th in the MVP odds. He is having the best completion percentage of his career with 68.3%. It was a close game on Sunday night but after Zay Flowers rushed for a 37 yard touchdown that sealed the game with the Ravens winning 20-10. Lamar Jackson threw for 177 yards and one touchdown. He rushed for 39 yards. Keaton Mitchell and Justice Hill rushed for 95 total yards. Justin Herbert threw for 217 yards and one touchdown. He rushed for 47 yards. Austin Ekeler rushed for 32 yards. 

Here are the rest of the NFL scores from Week 12:

Commanders 10 vs Cowboys 45

49ers 31 vs Seahawks 13

Dolphins 34 vs Jets 13

Buccaneers 20 vs Colts 27

Patriots 7 vs Giants 10

Panthers 10 vs Titans 17

Saints 15 vs Falcons 24

Rams 37 vs Cardinals 14

Browns 12 vs Broncos 29

Chiefs 31 vs Raiders 17

Bears 12 vs Vikings 10