The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NFL Week 13 Highlights

The final weeks of the NFL regular season are flying by. After Week 13 there are only 5 weeks left. Here are my Power Rankings after Week 13:

1. Dolphins
  2. Ravens
  3. Eagles
  4. 49ers
  5. Cowboys

The Cowboys played the Seahawks on Thursday night. It was a close game and both teams battled the whole game. The Cowboys beat the Seahawks 35-41. Geno Smith threw for 334 yards and three touchdowns. He rushed for one touchdown and threw one interception. Dak Prescott threw for 299 yards and three touchdowns. He rushed for 23 yards. Tony Pollard rushed for 68 yards and one touchdown. 

The Steelers played the Cardinals in Pittsburgh on Sunday. It was a slow start for both teams. The score was 10-3 at halftime. Kenny Pickett got injured and is expected to miss a few games. The Cardinals beat the Steelers 24-10. Pickett threw for 70 yards before the injury. Trubisky threw for 117 yards one touchdown. Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren rushed for 122 total yards. Kyler Murray threw for 145 yards and one touchdown. James Conner rushed for 105 yards and two touchdowns against his former team.

Two of the top teams in the NFC battled on Sunday. The 49ers went to Philadelphia to play the Eagles. This was supposed to be one of the best games of the year. The 49ers had a slow start but was leading 14-6 at halftime. Jalen Hurts was taken out of the game for a few minutes to be evaluated for concussion but was put back into the game. But the 49ers scored more touchdowns to beat the Eagles 42-19. Brock Purdy threw for 314 yards and four touchdowns. Christian McCaffrey rushed for 93 yards and one touchdown. Jalen Hurts threw for 298 yards and one touchdown. He was the lead rusher with just 20 yards and one rushing touchdown. D’Andre Swift rushed for 13 yards. 

With Deshaun Watson out for the season there isn’t much optimism for the Browns. They signed Joe Flacco to try to have a more experienced quarterback but it’s gonna be hard to get into the playoffs. It was a close game but the Rams hung on to beat the Browns 19-36. Joe Flacco threw for 254 yards and two touchdowns. Kareem Hunt rushed for 48 yards. Matthew Stafford threw for 279 yards and three touchdowns. Kyren Williams rushed for 88 yards and one touchdown. 

The Chiefs haven’t been the same team they’ve been the past 5 seasons. Mahomes doesn’t have very good receivers right now. It’s gonna be tough for them to get the #1 seed in the AFC. The Chiefs lost after a hail mary and the Packers won 19-27. Patrick Mahomes threw for 210 yards and one touchdown. He rushed for 26 yards and threw one interception. Isiah Pacheco rushed for 110 yards and one touchdown. Jordan Love threw for 267 yards and three touchdowns. AJ Dillon rushed for 73 yards. 

Here are the rest of the scores from Week 13:

Colts 31 vs Titans 28

Falcons 13 vs Jets 8

Lions 33 vs Saints 28

Broncos 17 vs Texans 22

Chargers 6 vs Patriots 0

Dolphins 45 vs Commanders 15

Panthers 18 vs Buccaneers 21

Bengals 34 vs Jaguars 31