The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NFL Week 14 Highlights

The battle for the top of the AFC and the NFC is heating up. After week 14, the top 3 teams of the AFC are the Ravens, Dolphins, and Chiefs. The top 3 teams of the NFC are the 49ers, Cowboys, and Lions. Here are my top 5 teams after Week 14. 

5. Eagles

4. Bills

3. Ravens

2. 49ers

1. Cowboys

The Steelers played the Patriots on Thursday night in Pittsburgh. With the injury to Kenny Pickett, it was gonna be Mitch Trubisky getting the start. He didn’t play well, throwing for 190 yards and one touchdown with one interception. He was the lead rusher with 30 yards and one touchdown. In the 2nd half, the Steelers fans were chanting “Mason Rudolph”, the Steelers third string quarterback. Fans felt Rudolph may be able to play better than Trubisky. The Patriots beat the Steelers 21-18. Najee Harris rushed for 29 yards. Bailey Zappe threw for 240 yards and three touchdowns. He threw one interception. Ezekiel Elliott rushed for 68 yards. 

The Ravens coming off of their bye week played the Rams on Sunday. The Ravens are in the hunt for the number one seed in the AFC to get a bye week in the first round of the playoffs. Meanwhile, the Rams are fighting for their playoff hopes to stay alive. This game was close as the Rams had the lead for almost the whole game. A late touchdown to Zay Flowers put the Ravens ahead by 3 points. The Rams went down the field to kick a field goal to send the team into overtime. The Ravens had the ball first but had to punt. After a quick defensive stop by the Ravens, the Rams had to punt. Tylan Wallace caught the ball and ran for a 76-yard touchdown on a punt return to win 31-37. Matthew Stafford threw for 294 yards and three touchdowns. Kyren Williams rushed for 114 yards. Lamar Jackson threw for 316 yards and three touchdowns. He rushed for 70 yards and threw one interception. Keaton Mitchell rushed for 54 yards. 

Trevor Lawrence suffered a sprained ankle in Monday night’s loss to the Bengals last week. He was expected to miss weeks but he played this Sunday against the Browns. It was close but the Jaguars lost to the Browns 27-31. Lawrence threw for 257 yards and three touchdowns. He threw three interceptions. Joe Flacco threw for 311 yards and three touchdowns. He threw one interception. Jerome Ford and Kareem Hunt rushed for 78 total yards with Hunt rushing in for a touchdown. 

Anytime the Bills and Chiefs play against each other it is always gonna be a good game with a close finish. Both teams have taken a step back this season but the Chiefs are still trying to finish with the number one seed but the Bills are fighting for their playoff chances. After the Bills kicked a field goal for the lead, the Chiefs needed to go down the field to kick a field goal to go into overtime. Travis Kelce caught a pass and threw a lateral to Kadarius Toney who ran in for the touchdown but the play was flagged due to offsides by Toney which would be a five-yard penalty from the previous spot of the ball. On 4th down and 15, Mahomes threw an incompletion for the loss. The Bills beat the Chiefs 20-17. Mahomes was seen on the sideline slamming his helmet onto the ground and having to be held back from going after one of the referees. He was so angry at the penalty call on Toney. After the game, Mahomes was questioned about the call, He claims the refs “ruined greatness” even though it was the right call. Toney was clearly offside on the play. Josh Allen threw for 233 yards and one touchdown. He rushed for 32 yards and rushed for a touchdown. Patrick Mahomes threw for 271 yards and one touchdown. Clyde Edwards Helaire rushed for 39 yards. 

The Titans and Dolphins played on Monday night, the Dolphins were the favored team while the Titans haven’t had the best season. Will Levis replaced Ryan Tannehill as the starting quarterback. After a game-winning touchdown, the Dolphins got the football back. On 4th down and 2, Tua Tagovailoa ran with the football but was sacked and the Titans beat the Dolphins 28-27. Will Levis threw for 327 yards and one touchdown. Derrick Henry rushed for 34 yards and two touchdowns. Tua Tagovailoa threw for 240 yards. Raheem Mostert rushed for 96 yards and two touchdowns. 

Here are the rest of the scores from Week 14:

Texans 6 vs Jets 30

Panthers 6 vs Saints 28

Colts 14 vs Bengals 34

Buccaneers 29 vs Falcons 25

Lions 13 vs Bears 28

Seahawks 16 vs 49ers 28

Vikings 3 vs Raiders 0

Broncos 24 vs Chargers 7

Eagles 13 vs Cowboys 33

Packers 22 vs Giants 24

Let us know your favorite teams!