The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NFL Week 18 Highlights

The final week of the 2023 regular season for the NFL is finished. Here are my rankings of all the playoff teams. 

1. 49ers
  2. Ravens
  3. Cowboys
  4. Bills
  5. Browns
  6. Dolphins
  7. Lions
  8. Chiefs
  9. Eagles
  10. Rams
  11. Texans
  12. Steelers
  13. Packers
  14. Buccaneers

The Ravens played the Steelers on Saturday. Lamar Jackson was not playing since the Ravens clinched the number one seed last week by beating the Dolphins so Tyler Huntley was the quarterback. It was close the whole game until the Steelers went up 17-7 in the 4th quarter. The Ravens kicked a field goal and attempted an onside kick but they were unsuccessful. The Steelers beat the Ravens 17-10. Mason Rudolph threw for 152 yards and one touchdown. Najee Harris rushed for 112 yards and one touchdown. Tyler Huntley threw for 146 yards and one touchdown. He rushed for 40 yards. Gus Edwards rushed for 48 yards. 

The Texans and Colts played on Saturday night. The winner would clinch a playoff spot. The Texans battled it out with the Colts. On a 4th down play, Gardner Minshew threw the ball to Tyler Goodson and he dropped the ball which gave the Texans the win, 23-19. CJ Stroud threw for 264 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed for 20 yards. Devin Singletary rushed for 63 yards and one touchdown. Gardner Minshew threw for 141 yards. Jonathan Taylor rushed for 188 yards and one touchdown. 

The Jaguars needed to beat the Titans on Sunday to advance to the playoffs but they fell short after Lawrence threw the ball on a 4th down to where there wasn’t any receiver and that sealed the win for the Titans. The Jaguars lost 20-28. Trevor Lawrence threw for 280 yards and two touchdowns. He threw two costly interceptions. Travis Etienne rushed for 57 yards. Ryan Tannehill threw for 168 yards and two touchdowns. He threw one interception. Derrick Henry rushed for 153 yards and one touchdown in which could have been his final game, at least for the Titans. 

The Packers needed to beat the Bears on Sunday to advance to the playoffs. It was a close game but the Packers ended up beating the Bears 9-17 to clinch the final spot for the NFC in the playoffs. Justin Fields threw for 148 yards. He rushed for 27 yards. Khalil Herbert rushed for 28 yards. Jordan Love threw for 316 yards and two touchdowns. Aaron Jones rushed for 111 yards. 

The Bills played the Dolphins on Sunday night. The Bills already knew they were in the playoffs but whoever won would win their division. The Dolphins were up 14-7 at halftime but in the 4th quarter, the Bills scored two touchdowns to go up 21-14. Tua Tagovailoa threw an interception that sealed the game for the Bills. Josh Allen threw for 359 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed for 67 yards and threw two interceptions. James Cook rushed for 36 yards. Tua Tagovailoa threw for 173 yards and one touchdown. He threw two interceptions. De’Von Achane rushed for 56 yards and one touchdown. 

Here are the rest of the NFL scores from Week 18:

Vikings 20 vs Lions 30

Falcons 17 vs Saints 48

Jets 17 vs Patriots 3

Buccaneers 9 vs Panthers 0

Browns 14 vs Bengals 31

Cowboys 38 vs Commanders 10

Broncos 14 vs Raiders 27

Eagles 10 vs Giants 27

Seahawks 21 vs Cardinals 20

Rams 21 vs 49ers 20

Chiefs 13 vs Chargers 12