The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

St. Patrick’s History

St. Patricks History

St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated on March 17th every year in honor of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. It is a day that is celebrated not only in Ireland, but also in many other parts of the world by people of Irish descent. The day is marked with parades, green clothing and accessories, and traditional Irish food and drink.

The origins of St. Patrick’s Day can be traced back to Ireland in the 17th century. It was originally a religious holiday that celebrated the arrival of Christianity in Ireland and the life of St. Patrick, who was a missionary and bishop in Ireland during the 5th century. The day was observed by attending church services, feasting, and exchanging gifts.

Today, St. Patrick’s Day is a secular holiday that is celebrated by people of all faiths and backgrounds. It is a day to honor Irish heritage and culture, as well as to celebrate the coming of spring. In many cities, St. Patrick’s Day parades are the main attraction, with marching bands, floats, and dancers dressed in green.

Green clothing and accessories are a common sight on St. Patrick’s Day, as it is the traditional color of Ireland. People often wear green hats, scarves, and shamrocks, which are a symbol of Ireland. Many people also decorate their homes and workplaces with green decorations, such as streamers and balloons.

Traditional Irish food and drink are also a popular part of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. Corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread, and shepherd’s pie are just a few of the dishes that are commonly served. Irish beer, such as Guinness and Harp, is also a popular choice for those who imbibe. In conclusion, St. Patrick’s Day is a fun and festive holiday that celebrates Irish culture and heritage. Whether you are of Irish descent or not, it is a day to enjoy good food, drink, and company. So put on your green and join in the celebration!

So enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day Canes!!!