The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Championship Game – Purdue Vs UConn

On Monday, April 8th, the Men’s Basketball Championship Game tipped off. The game was against two 1-seed teams, Purdue and UConn. UConn was looking for back-to-back championships after winning last year. The game tipped off at 9:21 PM that night, and UConn put the first set of points on the board. This game was all Edey for the Boilermakers, putting up 15 of their 24 shots. He also had 37 of their 60 points. All of the starting players on UConn put up a fair number of shots and shared the ball very well during the game. UConn shot 30/62 from the field compared to Purdue, who shot 24/54 from the field. Purdue only attempted 7 3-point shots all night long. That was the fewest in a championship game since 1995. Only one of those 7 shots landed for them. UConn was 6/22 from 3-point range. UConn also outscored Purdue 55-17 in backcourt points during the game. The Boilermakers only had two points off the bench all night long, and UConn had 13 points off the bench. No one fouled out of the game, and the game ended around 11:31 PM. The UConn Huskies beat the Purdue Boilermakers 75-60, making UConn a back-to-back NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Champion. That was their 6th championship. Let’s hope we can have another excellent championship game next year.

Thanks for reading Canes! Let us know who your early pick is for the championship next year.