An Interview with Mr. Mike Part TWO Sneak Preview/FALL 2018

An Interview with Mr. Mike Part TWO  Sneak Preview/FALL 2018

Tori Salem, Senior Contributor

During the past few months, I was able to sit down with the affable “Mr. Mike” for an extensive interview.  I hope you enjoy Part 2 of the interview-Tori

Question- What three words would describe you the best?

“I would have to say comedian, laid back and sometimes shy. Definitely laid back most of the time, I get the comedian part from my dad. Some people would say I’m not shy, but in most situations I’m not the kind to try to stand out in the crowd.”

Question- Do you have any current goals?

“My goal is to get through each day.”

Question-Do you have any favorite students or students who you absolutely despise?

“No, I love all the kids… a loaded question. I like them all.”

Question- Would you consider yourself a good student in high school?

“Well, I did my best at academics… got myself into some trouble. Yeah, I don’t know, I was a kid. I was a typical teenager. School and times were different then… not an excuse though. We did the usual pranks like letting all the animals in the biology room out of their cages, super gluing the desks to the floor, don’t get any ideas and seeing how many milks our lunch table could drink… until the principal’s son got sick. Passing note was a big thing that we got busted for in class and the teacher would usually read them to the whole class when they got intercepted.”

Question- What did you do and where did you go on your last vacation?

“Last vacation was definitely an experience and most enjoyable. We (Mrs. Lyden and I) took the whole crew to Ocean City, Maryland. One could say we looked like the Brady bunch, all nine of us and nothing but good times, laughs and many of those ‘moments’”.

Question- Who had the biggest impact on your life?

“Sometimes you don’t realize the impact someone has or will have on your life and who you become until you grow and have the opportunity to experience some of what life has to offer and you get use what you have learned and advice you have been  given by others. So in that respect, I would have to say it started with my parents and how they were always the giving type of people whose doors were always open, whose hands were always there to help to those in need. The rest of influences in “my life to this point” have been many and apply to multiple different aspects of my life situations. I say “my life to this point” only because I can say with much certainty that I will encounter many more people and situations that will have a great impact me in the future.

Question- If you opened up a business, what kind of business would it be?

“I am going to eventually have a food truck, not sure when but it’s going to happen!