Behind the Scenes: The Musical With Miss Wiseman (Spring Preview)

Rachel Zona, Feature Editor

Miss Wiseman is a teacher at New Castle Senior High School. In her spare time she is often found helping with the production of the school musical.

Q. What are some of your hobbies outside of school?

A. Outside of school I really enjoy cooking and baking, especially during the holidays it’s something I love to do. And of course I love paying a lot of attention to my dog Cooper!

How long have you been helping out with musical?

A. Ever since Mr. Lee started directing the musical, this is our fifth year.

What makes you want to help out?

A. I think the most important thing that I enjoy with helping the musical is that I get to work with kids I had when they were elementary school students. It gives me a chance to see them when they´re older and get to spend time with them again, and see them as a mature adult, and seeing the growth that has happened from the time I had them when they were six or seven years old to them now when they are almost adults.

What do you do to help/any specific jobs?

A. I don´t think I have a specific job, I think I can refer to myself as the ¨musical mom¨ unofficially, because I kinda do everything. Anything that Mr. Lee needs me to do or anything the students need me to do, that´s what I do.

Did you participate in musicals when you were in school?

A. I actually didn´t which I´m very disappointed about now because i see how much fun it is. Sometimes I see how much I really missed out on that and it bothers me sometimes because I see what a great time everybody has and how we are such a family, and it’s something I missed out on in high school.

What’s your favorite musical? Why?

A. If it´s any, besides the ones we have done, my most favorite musical of all is West Side Story. I just love that and was upset that we were not doing it this year. There was a rumor going around we might do it and I was bummed out we weren´t because it´s my favorite musical.