Eye of the Hurricane

• February 28Spring Edition

Crazy Coincidence: The Young’s

Back to Article
Back to Article

Crazy Coincidence: The Young’s

Alexis Bethle, Feature Editor

The Young’s are two women that just so happen to have some very similar lives. Both with the last name of Young they also have very similar pasts. Both majoring in biology I wanted to see if there were even more similarities between their lives. Both Mrs. Gibson and Mrs. Young have a first name of Stephanie which got me even more interested in this situation. Now that you know more about both of them here are some more facts about each of them.

Mrs. Young went to school at Pitt university for pre-nursing and then decided to change to pre-med biology and finished her degree at Clarion University in 2013 and is now going to Slippery Rock University for her masters degree. She is in a two year program with them and is student teaching here at the high school. She helps teach 9th grade honors biology along with 10th and 11th grade general biology. This is a way to help her learn good ways to teach a bunch of different kids instead of lecturing for long periods of time and lets the students get involved in what they are doing. She said that her favorite part of teaching is that yes moment when they finally understand what is being taught to them. Mrs. Young wants to teach and help others and is very passionate to have students excited to learn more about biology.

Mrs. Stephanie Gibson is our guidance counselor at New Castle Senior High School.  Mrs Gibson also has a degree in Biology as she taught that discipline before becoming our counselor.  Mrs. Gibson works extremely hard assisting our students  with their different everyday needs. She stated that she has a love for biology but is happy to be a student counselor today. Her knowledge about different areas of life continues to inspire me and many others every day.

Although their names are the same, the Young’s each have their differences that makes both of them unique in your own way. I greatly enjoyed getting to learn more about both of these wonderful ladies. I would like to thank both of them for being so willing to help out and get interviewed for this article.