New Castle Basketball Conditioning Comes to an End Tip Off December 8th

Rocco Bernadina, Sports Writer

New Castle Basketball team has endured a severe conditioning program over the past 6-7 weeks. There were various series of running exercises. Collectively, this program has taken up at least 480 hours. There was a gradual decrease in allotted time for each running exercise.

Many people are unaware of the effort that the players on the team have displayed. They have all been up and at it 5-6 days a week working on their craft  (continuous dribbling drills, full court sprints, defenses and offenses, rebounding drills).

The teams practice schedule is busy for a reason. Coach Blundo is very detail- oriented and makes sure the team does everything correct.  Coach Blundo is at every practice and works fifteen hour days just to support the student-athletes in this community.

Tip-off is on December 8th against Youngstown Chaney. Every year the field house is packed with ecstatic fans. They support annually with much enthusiasm.

The Canes have been the number one defensive and re-bounding team in the WPIAL for nine consecutive years. This has been a major asset to the teams constant winning tradition and most of it comes from all of the off season training.

Hopefully The Canes can pull through with another victorious season, and come out on top. Their hard work should allow them to do so.