One Month Mamma Mia! Countdown

Matthew Moore, Senior Editor-Entertainment

The week of March 4, 2019 marks the one month-countdown to the week of the opening of New Castle High School’s 25th anniversary musical, Mamma Mia! Directed by Mr. Robert Lee, and assisted in vocals by Mrs. Rosanne Palladino and in choreography by Mrs. Marquita Rice, participating students have been hard at work over the last several weeks in preparation. It will be performed in the auditorium at 7:30 pm on the evenings of April 4, 5, and 6.

Since this is the first year in which Mamma Mia! has been licensed out for amateur high school productions, Ne-Ca-Hi is breaking ground by being the first school in the area to present the musical. Popularized by its numerous Broadway runs and two feature films starring Meryl Streep, Mamma Mia! is a lighthearted drama that offers legendary song-&-dance for all audiences.

New Castle High School’s production of Mamma Mia! features seniors Victoria Kobbe, Sydney DePaolo, Amanda Arvelo, Nicolette Pierce, Derek Ayres, and Mason Cotelesse in leading roles.

This year is the 25th anniversary of New Castle High School’s musical theater department. The department was established by Mrs. Palladino in 1994 with the production of West Side Story, which starred current director Mr. Lee when he was a participating student.

In the coming weeks, look out for the announcement of ticket sales and apparel sales!