The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Top 10 Healthiest Cereals

Do you like eating cereal? I have done some research and here are the top 10 healthiest cereals you can eat. Let me know what cereal you like Canes!

1. Oats

Since oats are whole grains, they are rich in fiber and important nutrients. One cup (234 grams [g]) of cooked oats provides 4 g of fiber, as well as 59% of the Daily Value for manganese, 23% for selenium, 21% for zinc, and 14% for phosphorus.

2. DIY muesli

The combination of whole grains and nuts makes muesli a good source of protein. For example, Alpen muesli provides about 6 g of protein in a 2/3-cup (55-g) serving. It also contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals.

3. Homemade granola

Most types of granola contain a fair amount of protein and healthy fats. Additionally, it can provide several vitamins and minerals, such as phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, and B vitamins.

4.  DIY cinnamon crunch cereal

a 28-g serving of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal contains 22 g of carbs. A single serving of this homemade version made with a sugar substitute contains only 3 g of carbs, according to the recipe writer.

5. Post Foods Grape Nuts

They provide 7 g of fiber per 1/2-cup (58-g) serving, along with a variety of nutrients, including iron, B vitamins, zinc, magnesium, and copper.

6. Bob’s Red Mill Paleo-Style Muesll

According to Bob’s Red Mill, a 1/4-cup (24-g) serving provides 16% of your daily fiber needs and 3 g of filling protein. It also contains a few important minerals, including iron and calcium.

7. Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereals

These sprouted cereals are quite high in fiber and protein and do not contain any added sugar. The manufacturer reports that a 1/2-cup (57-g) serving contains 23% of your daily fiber needs and 8 g of protein.

8. Nature’s Path Organics Superfood Cereals

Nature’s Path Organics Superfood Cereals are full of wholesome ingredients. These include chia seeds, buckwheat, and hemp seeds, all of which are high in protein and fiber. Additionally, chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which may help reduce inflammation and promote brain health.

9. Barbara’s Shredded Wheat Cereal

Barbara’s Shredded Wheat stands out from other types of cereal in that it has only a single ingredient: 100% whole wheat. The wheat is shredded in the form of biscuits that you can crush up and serve with milk. This product also contains no added sugar — a rare quality among store-bought cereals. According to the brand, a 2-biscuit serving of Barbara’s Shredded Wheat provides 20% of your daily fiber needs and 5% of your daily potassium needs.

10. Arrowhead Mills Spelt Flakes

They provide 4 g of protein per serving plus some fiber, vitamin C, phosphorus, B vitamins, and iron, as reported by the manufacturer.

Let us know if you have had any of these cereals or plan to try any of these cereals. Thanks for reading canes!