The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

High-Kicking Candy Cane Senior Spotlights

I got to sit down with some of the high-kicking Candy Cane Senior girls here at New Castle. Let’s check out how their year and season are going so far! Catch them at every football game!

Danika Wagner: I have been a Candy Cane for 5 years and it is most definitely the highlight of my high school career! Without a doubt, I love being a Candy Cane because I get to be the one who many little girls look up to. I remember when I was younger all I would ever think about was how much I wanted to wear red sequins and hold the big red and silver poms, just like the Candy Cane alumni! Everyone always told me to never wish my high school years away because they fly by in the blink of an eye. I never believed them, but now that I am a senior I wish time would slow down. I can not wait to continue to dance with my wonderful team, but I am most excited for the end of the season when I can look back at the memories we made throughout the season. Being a captain this year has brought me closer to each of them and I truly can not wait to come back next year and watch all of them shine, while I am standing on the other side of the fence!

Hailey Sachetti: I have been a Candy Cane for 3 years and it is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made trying out for this team. I truly love the Friday night lights with my amazing team and being able to show my joy for dance. I’m most excited for all the fun memories to come with senior year.

Olivia Caminiti: I have been a Candy Cane for 3 years and I have loved every moment of it. I love dancing under the lights with my team and hearing everyone cheer for our kicks. Candy Canes has been the highlight of my high school experience. I am thankful every day for this group of girls.

Thanks to the Candy Canes for taking the time to send in their thoughts. Catch them every Friday night at the football games! We look forward to watching you perform! Go CANES!!

View Comments (1)