The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Establish a Morning Routine: Here is How

Do you have a routine in the morning? Do you have any healthy morning habits? A good morning routine can make your day 100 times better. You can start very small in your routine and build each morning. Check out some morning routines below. Let us know your morning routines.

1. Don’t go on your phone in the morning. A lot of people do this and it’s actually very bad for you. It can damage your eyes, with too much screen time, and too early in the morning. 
  2. Drink Water. Some people forget to hydrate themselves and not drink enough water. Drinking water can help you be more energetic and will add a better start to your day. You can even add lemon for flavor.
  3. Make a Chart for all the things you have to do that day. Many people are not organized, then they’re all scattered and it can cause you to be stressed. Making a chart helps you to organize your brain and relax more.
  4. Eat a Healthy Breakfast. You have probably heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it’s true! When you eat a good nutritious breakfast it can help you have more energy and focus better.
  5. Move Your Body. Getting up and moving around can help you feel more energized and will help get your blood going. You don’t have to do much, just simple movements, like yoga stretches or walking your dog. The morning air can wake you up more so you can feel refreshed. It’s also very calming in the morning.
  6. Develop a Good Sleep Routine. A good sleep routine can help wonders if you have any trouble falling asleep check out How to Get a Better Sleep at Night by -A’miah Brown Moore

Thanks for reading Canes! Establish that routine! Let us know how it goes!