The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Fun Things to Do Over Winter Break

Fun Things to Do Over Winter Break

This year has been another amazing year to put in the books. I’m excited to spend the next two weeks with family and friends, enjoying the holidays and winter break. Kids will be home from school for two weeks over the holidays and as I started thinking of seasonal things we could do. I took a trip down memory lane. Check it out canes! 

Avoid winter boredom and get into the groove with some fun and simple winter break activities that are perfect to try at home, or outside as a family. The activities are also kid friendly too. These are some of the fun things I did over winter break and some of them are new traditions I want to start with my family.

Fun things to do over Winter Break:

•  Go Snowboarding

There is a Sled Riding Hill in Moraine State Park, all though it is not right in New Castle, it is really close to the town. I have never been here before, but it’s something I want to do with my family over the break. 

• Build Snowmen and play in the snow

This one you can do right in your backyard! I play outside with my siblings every year. I also build snowmen and make snow angels.

• Go See Christmas Lights Around Town

There is many places to go see christmas lights in New Castle. Cascade Park or Pierson Park have a drive through Christmas light display. Pittsburgh is also great choice, if you wish to travel to the city.In fact, there are so many great places to see christmas lights in Pittsburgh that you might run out of time seeing them all. 

• Stay in, watch Holiday Movies

There’s so many Christmas movies to watch but one of my favorite movies to watch is Home Alone. You can watch it on Netflix. Let us know your favorite movies.

Winter Break is December 22nd through January 1st. Enjoy your breaks Canes!