The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Managing Your Teeth

Health Alert: Everyone wants that perfect hollywood smile, but cant always got to the dentist. Here are 5 ways to help manage your teeth, keep white, and keep clean at home. Let us know your secrets Canes!

1.EAT STRAWBERRIES–Strawberries contain malic acid, which is a substance that’s capable of both whitening a person’s teeth and removing surface stains that can discolor a person’s teeth. 

2.BRUSH YOUR TEETH–Brush after you eat and drink, brushing your teeth after you finish eating will help prevent staining and will help keep your teeth as white as possible 

3. APPLY COCONUT OIL—Coconut oil is a natural teeth whitener and can work wonders for your smile. Simply swish a spoonful of coconut oil between your teeth for about five minutes or add a few drops to your toothbrush and brush it on to attain all the benefits of this great method.

4. USE BAKING SODA AND PEROXIDE—Baking soda can help get rid of plaque that’s on your teeth, while hydrogen peroxide is an antibacterial agent that can whiten your teeth and keep them free of germs. When you mix these two together, you’ll create a paste-like substance. Brush your teeth with this mixture for an excellent and natural way to whiten your teeth.

5. BRUSH YOUR TONGUE—Brushing your tongue can also actually keep your teeth white. Many people aren’t aware that the most bacteria accumulates on the tongue and will gradually transfer over to the teeth. This will cause teeth to be stained over time.

Let us know your tips and tricks for keeping your mouth, teeth, and tongue healthy! Thanks for reading Canes!