The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Spring Self-Care

Spring Self-Care

Self-care is something we often ignore in our lives. We are sometimes too busy, too lazy, or we just don’t care to really take care of ourselves in a way we should.

Assuming you clicked on this article to learn more about self-care, a good question is, what truly is self-care? 

In my personal opinion self-care is a personal experience of finding things that keep you in a positive mindset. Self-care up lifts you and your spirit. Self-care can be simple things you are capable of doing daily. Since Spring is around the corner I’ve researched some things everyone can do to prepare for Spring and taking care of yourself.

Here are some things you can do to take care of yourself! Let us know your tips and tricks. You could possibly my advice and include it in your daily routines.

• You could explore new hobbies this new year.
  • Self-care isn’t only just an aesthetic, but can be used for mindfulness and self betterment.
  • Establish a skin routine. Some of your favorite online influencers may only talk about self-care when centered around skin care routines but self-care is so much more than that. Yes, skin care is a big part of self-care but putting 7+ different items on your face maybe isn’t as achievable for everyone and that just doesn’t fit everyone’s self-care expectations.
  • Start your classic spring cleaning! Cleaning is a great way to freshen up your place and even your state of mind.
  • Do a social media detox. Unfollow toxic people, clean up your social media pages with things that do not serve you much longer. Every time you open up Instagram or TikTok instead of scrolling through endless negative media consuming a bunch of mess instead you could be in taking supportive positive content and feel positive while online.
  • Start following positive uplifting pages online.
  • When the weather gets nicer, take a walk around outside and take notice to the nature around you.
  • While you’re walking outside you could also collect some native flowers around your home and arrange a nice flower assortment
  • Adding something pretty to your home that inspires you is always a nice form of self-care.
  • You could also find a pretty spot to sit outside in the sun and journal
  • Meditating could be something your like as well.
  • You could bring some friends and have a picnic eating your favorite foods.
  • You and your friends can also paint together while outside

Self-care isn’t just limited to yourself; you can practice self-care with your friends if that’s something comfortable for you. Thank you for reading Canes! Spring is almost upon us! Get your self-care plan together!