The Student News Site of New Castle Senior High School

Eye of the Hurricane

• May 27Eye of the Hurricane FALL Edition Now Live!

Eye of the Hurricane

Eye of the Hurricane

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Fun Things to do at Home When Bored

Fun Things to do at Home When Bored

Do you just get bored sitting at home now knowing what to do? I’ve put together a list of 8 things to stop your boredom. Feel free to try every single one of them and let me know what you think and if it helped.

• Do a puzzle—Puzzles are not only stimulating but there’s also evidence that they provide stress relief. Evidence suggests that finding puzzle pieces or doing any type of puzzles are small wins that can help release dopamine in your brain resulting in a positive mood
  •  Clean you house—Scour your whole house. When we get bored, we often feel helpless. But tackling even the simplest task, like doing that stack of dishes you’ve been ignoring, or cleaning your room, or doing laundry, etc, will help with not being bored.
  • Read a book—Read. Yes, we know it sounds dull, but a good book truly does transcend time, space, and boredom. You could even listen to an audio book.Reading can benefit your career by giving you a better vocabulary, sparking creativity, reducing stress, and fostering empathy also.
  •  Journal—Write in Your Journal. To help you feel good in times of stress and anxiety, calm your mind by jotting your feelings down in a quality journal. Time will fly by as you jot down your thoughts in a journal. If you want to go even deeper, venture into the artistic world of bullet journals.
  • Meditate—Meditation can be a great way to calm your mind. While it’s not the most active activity to fight boredom, there are tons of benefits to meditation such as reducing anxiety, being more self-aware, and managing stress.
  •  Head out for a long walk—You know what can stop boredom in its tracks? Movement! Get outside and go on a walk around your neighborhood, town, or city, or even find a local park to walk in. You’ll be surprised how much a change of scenery can make you feel less bored.
  • Learn a new language—If you want to challenge yourself and keep yourself occupied for a while, why not try learning a new language? There are dozens of languages to choose from, like Spanish, French, Italian, German, and more!
  • Create a bucket list—If you want to challenge yourself and keep yourself occupied for a while, why not try learning a new language? There are dozens of languages to choose from, like Spanish, French, Italian, German, and more!

Let us know what you do when you are bored! Thank you for reading!