Meet Tim Parish Head Offensive Line Coach

Braeden Bailey, Sports Editor

Playing football as an offensive lineman for Coach Tim Parish has always been a positive experience.  Without a doubt he has a a very positive influence on me.  After a practice one day I decided to do an interview with him based on his experience as an Offensive Line Coach.

1.What Made you want to be an Offensive Line Coach here at New Castle?

-(Tim) ” I enjoyed football and the opportunity presented itself here in New Castle, there is no better place to coach football.”

2. How did this opportunity open up and present itself to you?

-“I saw Coach (John) Lambo who was already coaching here (at New Castle), I also saw Coach (Bill) Humphrey at a friends funeral and we struck up a conversation about there being an opening here at New Castle when Coach Marmo went to West Minister College to coach Football, and I wasn’t coaching at the time, and it just seemed like a good fit.”

3. When did you decide to take the job here at New Castle?

-” I decided to take the job here after I met Head Coach Joe Cowart in the spring prior to my first season coaching here”

4. When did you first start coaching?

-” I first started coaching in a High School weight room in my senior year at college at Seneca Valley from West Minister all because my college roommate played center for Coach Terry Henry at East Brady and he was in need of an Offensive line coach at Seneca.”

In the conclusion of the interview I asked Coach Parish what he liked the most about Coaching here at New Castle and his words were ” I’m proud to be a Hurricane, and this is the best place for me.”

After this interview I decided to talk to some of my fellow teammates about our offensive line coach.

Some words from a Guard here at New Castle, Logan Gibson

1. What is it like to play for Coach Parish?

-Gibson commented, “Coach Parish is a great coach to play for. He knows how to have fun with his players and make friends with them, but will also make them work hard and play to the best of their ability when it comes down to it.”

2. What kind of attitude does he carry with him while trying to make them better?

-” Coach Parish brings an attitude of hard work to practice everyday but also brings a lot of positive energy to practice as well, which is needed when the team is having a bad day. This makes the team feel and play much better”

The next Coach we interviewed about Coach Parish is Bobby Hites. Coach Hites is a graduate of Laurel High school where he had the opportunity to play for and is now coaching with Coach Parish. He offered to answer a few questions about his former Coach and now Hites if an assistant for Coach Parish.

1.What was it like to play for and now coach with Coach Parish?

“Its interesting to see things from the other side. I can honestly say he has the same intensity whether you play for him or if you coach with him. His knowledge for the game is thru the roof. So everyday playing or coaching with him is a chance to learn.”